Today’s Blog - “Seek God’s Face” by Dr. Hazel A. Claiborn

If you are reading this blog, I would like to say, “Welcome to the Potter’s House of Jesus Christ” we are so glad you stopped by. Stay as long as you need and better yet, we would love to meet you in person. You have a personal invitation to come by and Worship! I guarantee you will feel loved and right at home.


I am the wife of Sr. Pastor Earnest Claiborn’s amongst many other things in the Lord! 

As you can tell, I really do not like talking about myself; so, let’s get right to why you are here.

I must confess this is my first official blog so bear with me as I find my way. 

I have been saved for 34 years and counting and loving each day with Jesus!

So, I am not a novice to the Word of God and sharing his Word but somehow blogging feels different.  Perhaps it’s because I am not using my voice but my fingers on a keyboard to share with you the amazing Word of God.


My first blog will be about “Seeking God’s Face” that sounds deep and spiritual but what does that really mean? Why do we need to Seek God? And what is the significance of seeking God’s face? 

The Hebrew work “seek” means “to search out by any method”. In Greek, it means to “seek to find”. To seek something is to crave after it and to be tenacious, stubborn, and determined. Yes, that definition describes how I am, when I am preparing for a message; I “go hard”, and I am determined to receive revelation of God’s word! Likewise, we as believers should be “all in” when it comes to knowing God intimately and personally!


Why his face? The Hebrew word used for “face” means “the part that turns”. It comes from the root that means “to turn”, “to face”, “appear” and “look”. 

This implies being face to face with God, which is a place of deep intimacy. As the old saying goes, “the eyes are the window to the soul.” When we look someone in the face, we are better able to gauge their mood and understand their thoughts. 


Psalm 105:4 “Look to the Lord and his Strength; Seek his face always”.  God wants us to seek his face because he wants to be known by us. We all have a desire to be loved and to be known by others, so does God.  To seek God’s face is to go deeper in your Prayer, Worship, Fasting, Repentance, Obedience, Church Attendance, and Reading of the Word. As we draw near to God, He will draw near to us! 


When we seek God’s face, it means we are seeking to Know Him, Understand his Character, and Hear his Voice. Knowing God is a Privilege. I encourage you to go deeper and truly begin to seek God’s presence as there is so much more, he wants to share about himself to you.

Comments

  1. Thanks, First Lady for this post. I am encouraged to continue to seek the Lord daily. God bless, Sis. Keta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts