From: The Truth Behind Yoga
P.H.O.J.C. Blog - “The Truth About The Yoga Religion”
Taught By: Senior Pastor Earnest Claiborn, Sr.
* Yoga is a Hindu and Buddhist Religious Worship Practice, Derived from the Hindu Religion. Therefore Yoga Can Not legally be taught or practiced in Public Schools! Yoga is Demonic in Origin, and Not for Christians!
* Words Defined:
1. “Yoga Sutras”- Ancient Doctrine of Yoga…
2. “Sanskrit”- Ancient Language of India (Hindu Scriptures are Written)…
3. “The Kundalini”- Coiled like Serpent of Divine Energy, base of Spine.
4. “Antithetical”- Things that Contradicts, At Odds, & Directly Opposite…
5. “Mantras”- A Sacred Utterance, Sound, Message, Text, or Spell…
6. “Esoteric”- Understood by Only an Enlightened inner circle of people…
7. “Monistic”- reality exist of a Single basic Substance…
8. “Pantheistic”- Hindu belief god in everything- Man, objects, universe…
Listed below are some of the main teachings of the Yoga Sutras, the ancient doctrine of Yoga, believed to be dated around 2,000 years ago. They have been divided into five main points.
Please also note that this teaching has been and IS the foundation of yoga. Many teachers have not been properly taught what they are teaching, and many are unfamiliar with the following truths about yoga. Their lack of education does not negate what is at the core and under the surface of the physical elements they teach.
*Please note all boldface font within scriptures has been added to point attention.
The god of yoga is called Ishvara (Yoga supreme god), and represented by “Om”Yoga Sutras, 1.25: The god Ishvara is the source of all knowledge.
1.27: This god “Ishvara” is represented by the symbol and sound of “Om.”
Many teachers propagate that “Om” is either a sound without meaning–simply energetic vibrations calming the body, or that it is whatever god is to the individual. That is not true. “Om” very clearly represents the pagan god Ishvara.
The God of the Bible is the Lord. He is the Father, the Son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in one being. He is the only God.
Deuteronomy 5:7: I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before (besides) me.
Deuteronomy 4:39: Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
Deuteronomy 30:17: But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed . . .
Judges 2:12-13: They forsook the Lord, the God of their fathers, who had brought them out of Egypt. They followed and worshiped various gods of the peoples around them. They provoked the Lord to anger because they forsook him and served Baal and the Ashtoreths.
(*Note: Baal and Ashtoreth are names of pagan gods.)